The FUT method is faster than FUE. After beginning the operation, graft insertion is begun and 30 minutes later fresh grafts are implanted.
- Shaving the head is not necessary.
- Pain is not a big problem.
- Scars are hardly seen. If suturing is done meticulously (tricophytic closure) the scar usually becomes very thin or even invisible.
- Grafts are taken in most condensed donor area so possibility of future hair loss is minimal.
- Graft harvest is more atraumatic.
- It is less expensive than FUE.